The Montfort Social Institute (MSI) will be a resource centre to train and promote issues of sustainable development and human rights among a wide variety of partners and collaborators. The construction of the centre is anticipated to begin in spring 2009 in Hyderabad, India.
The MSI is an institution within the Montfort Brothers of St.Gabriel, which is a church based international organization working in 34 countries across the globe. It is a leading agency involved in education, development, inter-religious dialogue and human rights in India since 1903. It runs 160 educational and social, and development institutions all over the country.
EMPOWERMENT FOR A JUST AND SUSTAINABLE WORLD.
TO PROMOTE THE CAUSE OF THE POOR, MARGINALISED AND EXCLUDED THROUGH RESEARCH, TRAINING AND ACTION FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND HUMAN RIGHTS.
- Promotion of directives of General Chapters on Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation (JPIC) Issues;
- Support and resource creation for JPIC National Secretariat and Province Commissions;
- Development of Montfortian Gabrielite Methodology on JPIC issues in education;
- Training for Members, Teachers, Collaborators and Activists in Human Rights and Sustainable Development;
- Advocacy and support for Human Rights and Sustainable development education in schools;
- Identification of emerging social issues and critical contribution to alternatives;
- Documentation and data base on Montfortain JPIC commitments;
- Advocacy and campaigns to achieve Montfort Child Rights Movement (MCRM) goals;
- Documentation and publication;
- Facilitation of People’s Movements for Human Rights and Sustainable Development.
Tasks – Phases
a. Development of necessary infrastructure
b. Development of Training Modules
c. Training programs for teachers, collaborators, others
d. Curriculum Development for Secondary Schools
e. Research, documentation, networking
f. Development of Partnerships
• Infrastructure by the Host Province (Hyderabad) from internal and external sources
• Recurring expenses from National Council, Programmes, funding partners
• Self-sufficiency in 5 years
• Montfort Brothers of St.Gabriel
• Hyderabad Central University
• Dept. of International Law and Human Rights at University for Peace
• The Earth Charter International
For a powerpoint presentation and building plan and cost estimates, press 'files' button at the bottom of page.
on iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, PC. It's free.